NATIONAL REGISTER OF HISTORIC PLACES
506 4th Street South
Known for its fine mill-work, this Italianate two-story house features the original cypress beams and heart-pine flooring. The house was named for William Sullivan Barry and his wife Sarah. Barry, a Yale law graduate, was a speaker of the Mississippi House of Representatives, a U.S. Congressman and President of the 1860 Secession Convention.