Leighcrest (c. 1846)
NATIONAL REGISTER OF HISTORIC PLACES
824 7th Street North
This home has been in the Leigh family since the mid-1800s. Leighcrest was originally part of a 1,000 acre estate. The homes’ gardens are among the few remaining examples of typical old Southern gardens laid out in a “parterre” arrangement. Steps lead to the terraced grounds, where walkways wind through the haven.