(800) 920-3533 or call the Tennessee Williams Welcome Center-(662) 328-0222.
Open Mondays 9:00am-12:00pm. Circa 1843 NATIONAL REGISTER HISTORIC DISTRICT
This pillared mansion was built near the street, although the property extended over an entire city block; it includes gardens, stables and servants quarters. During the Civil War, it served as a hospital for Confederate soldiers. Whitehall was built by James Walton Harris, a prominent attorney and Planter. It was later owned by the Harris’ granddaughter, Mrs. T.W. Hardy.
Open Mondays 9:00a.m.-12:00p.m. 607 3rd Street South (662)328-0222